In the world of startups and creating unique things in the market there are ample amount of people who are looking for ways to set up a new company.
First things first, you need to fill an online application to register your new company’s name in Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) at www.mca.gov.in
To make it easy for you there is a stepwise process below:
- Select the name you want to have as “Company name”.
- Be clear anything that violated the provision of emblems and names would not be entertained.
- File online application form for name approval ( wwww.mca.gov.in )
- Obtain Digital Signature Certificate (DSC), it assures the security and legitimacy of the documents filed electronically.
- In form 1 apply to the concerned RoC to determine the availability of the name.
- After filling the forms (form 1, 18 and 32) hold back for 60 days for name approval from them.
- Arrange for the drafting of Memorandum of Association (MOA) and Articles of Association (AOA).
- After this, Arrange for stamping the MOA and AO and pay the necessary stamp duty.
- Check the MOC and AOA is dated on a date after the stamping.
- Now file an online application for incorporation of a new company with Registrar of Companies (RoC) and pay the required fees amount.
- When the form processing is done and identity is generated, kindly get the Certificate of Incorporation from RoC.
- Finally, file notice of situation of registered office within 30 days with RoC.
NOTE: The above process takes approximately 1 to 2 weeks subject to the availability of required documents.
Hope this article was useful in helping you to set-up a new company in India.
I am a Mumbai based Charted Accountant and owns a CA firm in partnership with 10 other extremely talented CAs. We work as a team and bring out the best possible solution for our clients.